Trap Team Schedule, Spring 2022
- Meets are Wednesday afternoons at 4:30PM. In case of bad weather, the meet will be on the following Friday at the same time.
- Registration is currently open.
- March 21st -- Deadline for athlete registration
- TBA -- Mandatory safety meeting in (Mr. Illies' room) at the school. NRA shotgun class, NRA marksmanship program, RSO guidelines, about the game. Also information meet for parents/guardians.
- March 30th - 1st Practice.
- Returning athletes will shoot rounds
- New athletes will finish NRA Shotgun training and then progress through the following:
- Patterning and fitting shotguns – Shoot on pattern boards and check fit and point of impact.
- Trap shooting rules and etiquette. Stance on station, leads, and other tips.
- Practice tracking and shooting slow, straight targets.
- As possible, practice on more difficult targets.
- April 6th - Practice 2
- April 13th - Reserve Week - do not miss this event!!
- April 20th - Competition 1
- April 27th - Competition 2
- May 4th - Competition 3
- May 11th - Competition 4
- May 18th - Competition 5
- May 25th - Fun Shoot
- League Championship in Alexandria, MN will be in June. The date and station will be announced after the team leagues are established.