Trap Team Schedule, Spring 2023
- Meets are Wednesday afternoons at 4:30PM. In case of bad weather, the meet will be on the following Friday at the same time.
- Registration is currently closed.
- March 20th -- Deadline for athlete registration
- Advisory period on Wednesday March 29th -- Mandatory safety meeting in (Mr. Illies' room) at the school for new members. NRA shotgun safety, NRA marksmanship program, RSO guidelines, and about the game.
- March 29th - 1st Practice -- CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW/ICE AND LOW TEMPERATURES.
- April 5th - Practice 2 -- Now practice 1/2
- Returning athletes will shoot rounds
- New athletes will finish NRA Shotgun training and then progress through the following:
- Patterning and fitting shotguns – Shoot on pattern boards and check fit and point of impact.
- Trap shooting rules and etiquette. Stance on station, leads, and other tips.
- Practice tracking and shooting slow, straight targets.
- As possible, practice on more difficult targets.
- April 12th - Reserve Week - do not miss this event!!
- April 19th - Competition 1
- April 26th - Competition 2
- May 3rd - Competition 3
- May 10th - Competition 4
- May 17th - Competition 5
- May 24th - Fun Shoot
- League Championship in Alexandria, MN will be in June. The date and station will be announced after the team leagues are established.